What Nice Cans You Have


I recently lost a child.  This is not my biological child, or even anything living for that matter.  This child was a pyramid that I had in my bedroom built out of pop cans.  It had grown through the school term and reached its prime about a week ago.

My pop can pyramid was my pride and joy.  It was built with Coca-Cola cans, Dr. Pepper cans, ginger ale cans, root beer cans, and many other cans.  It was decorated through the colours of the cans.  It was sturdily built as a square based pyramid with each level being one row and column less than the level below it.  I was proud.  Then the death came.

The door to my bedroom opened and tapped the corner of the pyramid.  The pyramid had grown to a size where it was close to the door.  When the corner was tapped, the pyramid began to wobble.  I saw the first can fall and the rest fell with it.  My heart sank.

As any parent knows, when their child grows up they must let go.  My baby had grown too big for the space I had available.  It was time to let go.  My baby had to leave the nest.

I pulled out a couple of canvas bags and began pouring the cans in.  It took five full bags to get rid of all of the cans.  I had to hold in tears as I packed my baby into the bags to take outside.  I opened the recycling container and held my breath as I lifted the bag.  The rolling of the cans into the large recycling container sent shivers down my spine. 

How will I live without my baby?  I’m going to feel all alone now.  I had to let my baby go and now I don’t know what the meaning of my life is.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon