Mustache Marathon Movie 3: Road House


I’m getting into the depths of the Mustache Marathon by continuing onto a third film.  There are only nine in the marathon, which makes this only two away from the middle.  The movie this time was Road House.  Some of you may have heard of it.

Road House is about a man named Dalton who is hired to turn a bar around.  When he arrives, the bar is filled with corruption and is a hangout for brawlers and such a crowd.  Dalton makes it his mission to not only save the bar, but to save the town from the bad guys.  Patrick Swayze is Dalton.  And a bunch of other people star as the bar workers.  Then you have Jeff Healey performing in the bar.  Oh, and the reason that this movie made the marathon, Sam Elliott as Dalton’s idol.

Sam Elliott is usually seen with a mustache.  Look him up on google, go to images, and you’ll see a lot of pictures of Sam Elliott sporting a nifty mustache.  In this movie, however, the ‘stache was gone.  In its place was a lot of dirty looking stubble.  Fine, I didn’t know that this was one of the few movies where Sam Elliott didn’t have a mustache.  I picked it because it had Sam Elliott, but it doesn’t feature his mustache.  My bad.  The dirty facial hair was the perfect choice though.

I don’t have much more to say about Road House.  It was great for what it was.  Cheesy dialogue, cheesy acting, cheesy movie.  But all the while, everything was serious.  The movie hit me in the right place to make me enjoy it.  I wouldn’t say that it’s so bad it’s good.  The movie isn’t all that bad.  It’s a decent movie.

Yep.  I’m out of stuff to say.  Other than I wouldn’t mind a remake.  As long as they find a good enough Dalton.  That’s it.  I’ve run out of things to write about Road House that doesn’t spoil even the smallest thing about the movie.  Until next time, this marathon tastes like chicken.  And I sometimes make no sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon