Mustache Marathon 2: Bronson (2008)



Prior to this week, I had never seen a movie from director Nicolas Winding Refn.  This all changed when I began watching Bronson and noticed his name come up in the opening credits.  It was a surprise to me.  Somehow, the information that he directed the movie had either blown right by me, or it slipped my mind.  Now I can say I have seen a movie from this director that so many people champion.  Now it’s time to write out my thoughts.

Bronson is about British criminal Michael Gordon Peterson.  He spends most of his life in jail.  He spends most of his life fighting.  There’s a lot of overlap with those two things.  There’s also some Hardy penis.  I’m not sure what I can say the plot is, other than this guy in jail and/or fighting.  That’s pretty much it.

There are a lot of good things about the movie.  First and foremost, Tom Hardy gives a really great performance and Michael Gordon Peterson, also known by the name Charles Bronson.  He showed all of the insanity and intimidating quality that the role needed.  Not knowing the full true story, I can only say this for the movie that I watched, but I can’t imagine anybody else in the role.

The way that the movie is set up was well done.  I’m not sure how to explain it.  The main character was off in some sort of imaginary world narrating his own life story on stage for other people to see.  That is the best possible way I can think of to describe it.  Just watch the movie.

Finally, let me talk about the mustache.  Hardy is sporting some great facial hair in this one.  It’s like a full head of hair, but on his upper lip.  It comes to points at the ends.  The mustache is facial landscaping to the highest degree.  Great facial hair.

Since I don’t have a firm grasp on the movie itself, I’m not going to try and go into further detail.  It would only serve to make me look more like a fool than I already do.  I think it’s a movie that should be seen.  It might not be everybody’s cup of tea, especially if you are one of those people who need their movies to be sanitized.  There is full frontal male nudity and a hell of a lot of violence.  If you can’t take those things, don’t watch the movie.  It is a very well made and well acted movie, however, and if you can handle the material, it’s worth the watch.

Up next looks to be Mr. Baseball.  This means that Tom Selleck’s mustache is going to make an appearance.  That’s a must for any mustache marathon.  And that’s all I have to say about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon