Work Stories: Episode 36: Gimme Shelter



Previously on Work Stories, I told you about the time that I decided to get even with the maintenance guy.  The guy was being a hypocritical jerk and deserved what happened to him.  It was fun when it happened.  This week doesn’t involve even being at work.  This week’s story is about my trip to work.

I know what you’re saying.  I’ve written about it before.  I count my trips to and from work when it comes to the Work Stories.  If it weren’t for working, they would not have happened at all.  Work had a lot to do with these experiences.  Therefore, I count them.

This week’s Work Story is about the time that I saw some famous people while walking to work at the museum.  Only, they weren’t quite famous people.  It was still an astonishing sight.

So, the place where we have to park when we go to work is three blocks or so away from work.  It’s a five or ten minute walk depending on how crowded the streets are with people.  To get between the two, you have to pass various attractions and such things.  The first of these attractions is a wax museum devoted to musicians.  Specifically, the wax museum is devoted to rock and roll musicians.  This is where the sighting occurred.

As I was approaching the wax museum, I saw two gentlemen peering inside.  They looked much older than me, but they looked like they were enjoying their view.  It was only when I got nearer that I noticed.  The two gentlemen were dressed up.  One was dressed up to look like Mick Jagger, and the other was dressed to look like Keith Richards.  I was looking at two of the members of The Rolling Stones.

Now, you might think that there’s nowhere else to go with the story, but there is.  When I walked by them, I did a double take.  Did I really see two of the members of The Rolling Stones?  Were my eyes deceiving me?  They weren’t.  When I looked back, it was them.  They turned and started following me.

I had reached the first and only set of stop lights on my way to work.  I crossed the street.  They crossed the street behind me.  Then I crossed again.  They did too.  I began the last straight stretch of street to my work.  They were still behind me.  They followed me all the way to work, and then walked by.  I was followed to work by The Rolling Stones!

Nobody else at my work even saw the two of them.  That seemed strange to me.  Was I really being followed, or had I gotten to a point of mental deterioration where I thought I was being followed?  I’m not sure and I don’t think I ever will be.  I’m 99% sure that I was being followed by people that were dressed like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.  I’m also 99.9999% sure that they were only dressed like the two musicians.  But I guess that 99.9999% only counts if I saw what I think I saw, and if I was actually being followed like I think I was.  Do you understand what I’m saying?

So that concludes this week’s edition of Work Stories.  I thought it would be better, but it started out rough and just went downhill from there.  I’m not in too much of a writing mood today.  That could be it.  But I want to keep up the schedule where this comes out every Friday.  That means I must write it as though I’m a mailman.  No matter what the weather or mental condition, I will put one installment out every Friday.  If it has flaws, so be it.  You get to know me better that way.

Until next time, do the Sloppy Swish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Real Steel" Like "Over the Top"?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 2, Episode 8: The Power Stealer

A Short Description of how Baby's Day Out (1994) is a Live Action Cartoon